- Twenty-four full-time, research-active faculty members, including winners of several prestigious awards and three Canada Research Chairs. Also, the Guy Warwick Rogers Chair in Atmospheric Chemistry, three Distinguished Research Professors (one is also a Canada Research Chairs).
- Seven adjunct faculty from top-notch organizations (AES, SCIEX, Purdue University, Trent University).
- More than sixty graduate students, and sixty post-doctoral fellows and research associates.
- Millions of dollars in research funds.
- On-going international collaborations.
- High publication rates in the best journals.
- All the ingredients of success.
Research at York is carried out in two modern, well-appointed buildings housing all manner of research equipment and support services, including a machine shop, glassblower and electronics shop. Three NMR spectrometers (300 MHz, 400 MHz, 600 MHz), mass spectrometers (MALDI-TOF, Electrospray, GC/MS), FT-IR & UV-visible-NIR spectrometers and several other instruments are shared resources.
The Steacie Science Library subscribes to all major journals, provides electronic access to these, holds an extensive series of back issues, and provides on-site or remote access to on-line Chemical Abstracts (SciFinder).
The Graduate Program in Chemistry offers wide range of study and research leading to M.Sc. and Ph.D. degrees in the areas of analytical chemistry, atmospheric chemistry, biological chemistry, inorganic chemistry, organic chemistry, mass spectrometry and physical and theoretical chemistry.
A part-time course-work M.Sc. program is also available.
York stipends are competitive with other Canadian universities. Students are supported by a combination of Teaching Assistantships and Research Assistantships, with full protection from tuition-fee increases and access to health-related benefits (dental, prescription drug, vision care).
York University graduate students have a very high success rate in attracting scholarships. Many top calibre students receive York Graduate Scholarships upon entry into the program. International students receive a bursary for the university health insurance plan.
- Friendly people. Helpful staff. Individualized attention.
- Teaching & tutoring opportunities.
- Relevant courses. Accessible professors.
- Tuition fees frozen for your entire stay.
- Excellent sports & recreation facilities.
- On-campus pubs & shopping.
- On-campus graduate residences. Off-campus housing nearby.
- Well served by TTC, area transit & GO. Short commute to downtown.